Thursday, December 23, 2010

Eggnog Milkshakes, or You’re a McMean One

Typically, I never write anything about McDonald’s®. Well, there was that time when I ate at McDonald’s® in my twenty-first different country. And the time I ate at McDonald’s® for a pre-race meal. And there was that time when...okay, the main reason I write any of this is that the greater metropolitan area surrounding my home made a deliberate and inexplicable decision not to order eggnog milkshakes this year, violating a delicious December tradition. I even called them to request that they reconsider their decision or fire the Grinch who made it. They sent me a coupon for a medium coffee and followed up with a disappointing phone call. Perhaps I should have left the Grinch out of it.

Fortunately, I visited a different metropolitan area. The nog was strong with them.

Nog-01Nog-02PS – I made up the entire Grinch part. I was actually very polite in my dealings with representatives from the Golden Arches. But you have to admit, the Grinch part made for a livelier story.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I've never heard of this milkshake! Must try it next year! :)

Peppermint chocolate chip milkshakes @ Chick-fil-A are amazing, too! Yum.

drh said...

Really? Never heard of eggnog milkshakes at McDonald’s®?