Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Traditions and Untraditional Cows

I hope the steam is coming from the coffee.My sister-in-law quickly picked up on our family’s dining tendencies. She has visited Ohio a handful of times now, but never without visiting Young’s Dairy.

The last time we visited the dairy farm, I ordered a milkshake that combined two unlikely flavors. During my most recent visit, I considered ordering a milkshake with two seasonal flavors: eggnog and peppermint stick. I went with the peppermint stick and just asked for a sample of the yummy eggnog ice cream instead.

Does the cow have fresh breath?I encountered an interesting sign for the “Flavor of the Week”. I thought the peppermint-flavored spots were a nice touch, but the angiosperm in the upper-right corner raises the most interesting question: If you were standing under the mistletoe with a peppermint cow, would you kiss it?

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That angiosperm looks like holly to me...
Your °Swing Low° song just graced an Italian Internet cafe! Ha!

Jed Carosaari said...

I kept on reading that as Young's Diary. I was wondering why she kept on reading it, and why ice cream kept on appearing when she did...

On the cow and mistletoe- wouldn't be the first time for me.