Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Good Ice Cream

My sister wanted fall colors at her wedding, so my brother bought himself a pumpkin-colored shirt and tie combination to wear. I followed suit and wore a tie that picked up the pumpkin flavor of his outfit.




















Now my sister-in-law wore a shirt that was more of a mint chocolate chip flavor, which leads me to what I did when we went to Young’s Dairy after the wedding.

Young’s Dairy is known for the best ice cream in Ohio. I entered the ice cream line and was torn between ordering a pumpkin milkshake, which is fantastic at this time of year, and ordering a mint chocolate chip milkshake, which is my year-round favorite.




I simply could not decide, so I asked the kind gentleman behind the counter whether or not he could do a half-and-half milkshake, stacking one flavor on top of the other. He could not. He did, however, put a scoop of each flavor onto a spoon and allowed me to sample the pumpkin/mint chocolate chip taste sensation.

Not bad, I decided, so I adopted his “it’s all going to the same place” philosophy and ordered myself a unique milkshake.

Speaking of things that, at least theoretically, are all going to the same place...my worst fears about flying and toothpaste were actualized at the Dayton Airport.

New airport security regulations allow me to carry three ounces of toothpaste onto an airplane. No problem. I had a 6.4oz tube of toothpaste, but it was only about a quarter full—very clearly under three ounces.

They confiscated it, not because of the actual amount of toothpaste in the tube, but because of the “6.4oz” that was printed on the tube itself.

It’s a good thing I brushed my teeth before I left.




















I am thankful that the rest of my luggage from three days in the United States did go to the same place as me: my apartment in North Africa!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good again, Mr. Dirh!

Shame math equivalency doesn't seem to be a requirement for hiring at Homeland. Come to think of it, I don't think they really had much in the way of requirements...

Jed Carosaari said...

Should have brought on the classic Muslim toothbrush, used by Mohammed (pbuh)- a special twig.