Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sorry, deer.

I went paintballing this afternoon. Third time ever. The first two times were in Africa. One of those was on my birthday. I don’t know whether it was because the CO2 was dialed down in Africa, whether it was because folks took it easy on me for my birthday, or maybe that I have become a bigger target since my last foray into the paintball scene...I just know that the bruises and welts were more memorable this time around. I have souvenirs from this afternoon on each leg, one on the back of my left triceps, one on the back of my neck, and the grand champion near my left shoulder blade.

As a result, I have more compassion for deer. A year or so ago, I heard about deer who liked to chew on the sides of houses. So the locals shot paintballs at them. I thought that was pretty funny at the time.

Sorry, deer.

No comments: