Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Checkers from Above

I waited five years for this. For five years, I have wanted to capture a photograph of men playing checkers on a certain street corner in North Africa. This morning I left my apartment to run some errands. I hit some snags in my plans and ended up calling a friend for help. Turns out, in order to receive his help, I needed to visit an office that overlooks the corner where the men play checkers. Fortunately, I already had my camera with me. While the photograph is still not completely what I had in mind – for example, the telephone is obstructing my view – I am thankful for the opportunity and for the results.

Checkers from Above

2 comments:

Jed Carosaari said...

I often wanted to get a pic of those guys too!

Unknown said...

Sounds like your work there is done :)