Thursday, November 20, 2008

Credit Where Credit Is Due

It took almost three and a half months, but United Airlines finally credited me for their partner airline’s strike-induced cancelled flight, which caused me to fly on a competing airline – actually, two of them. After perusing an online catalogue of similar frustrations, I should probably be happy, albeit surprised, that after three and a half months of requesting credit and waiting for the prescribed ninety days to pass, they honored my seven years of loyalty to their airline and promptly credited my account with the five thousand miles I would have had, were their partner airline’s mechanics not to have gone on strike. I knew I gave them 25,000+ miles of business each year for a reason.

In other news, since I tend to fly 25,000+ miles a year, I don’t often see these sorts of things when everyone else does.

Rest assured, these are pleasant surprises.

No comments: