Sunday, May 18, 2008

Heart of Cow

I told my officemate that I would eat heart of cow, in return for her permission to blog about a previous episode from our office. Of course, it’s my blog and I’ll post if I want to, but I try to accommodate my friends as often as possible.

Beef HeartIt turned out that she noticed my post about the cow’s heart. Last week she kept asking, “Is there something you want to tell me?” I kept telling her that there was nothing I wanted to tell her, but I could also tell that she was fishing for information.

Beef Heart on GrillEventually it became apparent that we’d had a little misunderstanding. After seeing my post, she assumed that I’d gone out, bought some cow’s heart and eaten it. She was waiting for me to tell her about my new culinary experience. I, on the other hand, anticipated that she’d offer me a piece of cow’s heart whenever she next brought some into the office – which, since she ate a steady diet of cow’s heart for about a week, seemed fairly imminent.

Just Off the GrillShe really wanted me to fetch heart of cow on my own and prepare it in a manner of my choosing. I told her I’d do it over the weekend.

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It was delicious!

2 comments:

SP said...

Ah...

"Heart of cow" does not equal "cow's heart."

Live In Contrast said...

Well done!