Thursday, October 12, 2006

Quieted by Love

Tonight, during our weekly middle school gathering, we talked about love. The Good Book mentions unfailing love numerous times. One particular passage mentions that God quiets us with His love.

Attempting to explore this idea a bit more, my co-leader asked, “When does a baby need to be quieted?”

My response: When he poops in his diaper.

I discerned that my response had not fully spurred these youths on toward loving with increased knowledge and depth of insight. Undeterred, I pointed out that we need love most when we really make a mess of things.

What happened next was cool: God quieted us with His unfailing love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good solid Quakerly verse.

Also it seems a good verse for someone struggling with ADD.

Anonymous said...

Greetings.

This is good for a laugh:

http://www.benandjenelle.com/MarkGreen/

Lauren said...

:-) Your co-leader was glad that the pooped-in diapers had a double meaning. :-)