Friday, October 06, 2006

Taste of Fall











North Africa offers little by way of fall colors. The only fall colors one is likely to encounter are those that result from dying grass, unless a person lives or works at an American school where grass is regularly watered.



My weekend in the United States fell at a lovely time of year, a curious season when beauty results from the process of dying.




While I was in my hometown, I discovered that the McDonald’s restaurant, at which I worked the summer after I graduated from high school, had been leveled. It was old and needed to be removed from this earth, for only in its death could a new edifice for food, folks and fun be born.

Happy McRenaissance. Good luck and Godspeed.

4 comments:

SP said...

I can also think of another time when beauty resulted from death...

HE's so cool.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of how I was thinking recently that the concept of the creation being frustrated to decay could actually be a good thing.

If you're dying for a further taste of Fall while over there, I found Ifrane a good bet.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Fall, when the lovely greens of summer give way to vibrant oranges and yellows, which then requires the use of a rake. Lovely to look at, a pain to clean up. Unless of course, you like to jump into those piles.

I miss Fall - it is my favorite season!

Thank you for sharing your pictures - how was the wedding?

Jed Carosaari said...

Wierd. How'd my previous comment go anon?