Monday, September 25, 2006

Reversed

I rejoiced this afternoon when I learned that airplane restrictions were reversed, allowing me once again to carry toothpaste and contact solution onto airplanes. This especially delights me, in view of my upcoming long weekend in the United States.

In fact, I intend to carry a fair amount of luggage between North Africa and America. My parents notified me this past weekend that a GE reverse osmosis water filter arrived at their doorstep for me transport back to its future location at my apartment complex.

That reverse osmosis contraption got me thinking. You know, some folks claim to learn through osmosis. This expression, based upon a slight misuse of what osmosis actually is, generally refers to placing a textbook under one’s pillow, in hopes of absorbing the knowledge contained within the textbook during sleepytime.

I sometimes wonder if I go through an unlearning process of reverse osmosis, whereby knowledge from my brain actually leaks into my pillow at night.

1 comment:

SP said...

I think that's otherwise referred to as "old age."