Friday, August 11, 2006

Technologically Impaired

Good news: I returned to North Africa during the days when drinking water and toothpaste could be carried on airplanes.

Bad news: My cell phone died; my apartment phone cannot make calls outside the compound; my personal e-mail has been stingy about letting me login; and my work e-mail has been down.

Good news: It didn’t smell funny for long when...

Bad news: ...my roommate blew out our wireless Internet router’s 110V adapter by plugging it directly into a 220V outlet.

Good news: I still have a blog, something for which a mouse potato like me can be thankful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thought you'd like to know that it was YOUR blog that informed me of the latest travel requirements. And it was news to me. You're like my personal CNN correspondent.

I like reading your blogs. And your email updates. Keep 'em coming!

Jed Carosaari said...

Ah, see, Lauren- you're so sweet you're able to get just about anything you want. Me, they would have done a special in-flight flight door opening just for me.