Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Beauty and the Bird Strike

I recently attended the retirement ceremony of a friend who had completed service in the United States Air Force. Inside the hangar, where the ceremony took place, I snapped the below photo of bouquets of flowers, resting on steps leading to a plane engine that had experienced a bird strike. When I took the photo, I thought its composition was interesting; I still sort of do.

Afterward, as I looked at the photo, it was pretty hard to miss the plastic bags and tissue paper surrounding the flowers. I’d taken a photo of beautiful flowers, but clutter had largely spoiled the photo.

Life is full of clutter, often distracting us from the beauty we ought to see clearly right in front of us. Here’s to removing the plastic bags and tissue paper.

Beauty and the Bird Strike

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Very nice, drh! Thanks for the reminder.