Monday, November 19, 2007

Just Say No!

GUMy friend recently ran a marathon three weeks after running a marathon, three weeks after running a marathon. (Yes, that’s three marathons.)

During his most recent marathon, he carried lots of stuff with him, including four packets of GU. I asked him whether he carried it all by hand.

His response amused me. Here it is, with the order slightly inverted for dramatic effect:

“My RaceReady LD shorts have two Velcro pockets (left front, right
front) and five mesh pockets (left, left back, back, right back,
right). My jacket has two side pockets.

Left jacket: Two Clif bars, GU
Right jacket: Camera, paper towels (unused)

Left front: Rental car key
Right front: GU
Left mesh: GU
Right mesh: GU
Back: Paper towels (used)

Left back mesh and right back mesh were empty – if there's too much
stuff in the pockets, the shorts sag too much when I run. Say no to
crack.”

Thanks, Ben!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot to mention -- I also carried a 10 ounce bottle of water in my hand as I ran. I finally tossed it at mile 25. :)