Saturday, May 27, 2006

Birthday Week

Why do I have indigo frosting on my nose?

Six of my coworkers and I were born in May, such that we celebrated birthdays on six consecutive days, starting on May 19.

Collectively, we aged seven years in only a week’s time. That’s right: Seven humans, one week, one dog year.

Did you know?

The following celebrities were also born in May:

May 19: André René Roussimoff
May 20: Cherilyn Sarkisian
May 21: Lawrence Tureaud
May 22: Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle
May 23: Drew Carey
May 24: Alexandrina Victoria

I was exactly half of Lawrence’s age on Sunday – no jibba-jabba.

(Hint: If text in my blog is underlined, try clicking on it. It might be a link to something!)

In the spirit of making “Birthday Week” a full seven days, we snuck in a surprise party for someone who was born on this day.

Unfortunately, upon commencement of her fifth decade, all of her friends were committed to another event, and no grand soiree was held.


On May 25, we remedied the situation. No one expects a 40th Birthday party when she is already 41½ years old! I baked the cake's “zero”.

None of this birthday talk explains why I have indigo frosting on my nose.

The real question: Why did I allow this dog to lick it off?

No comments: