Saturday, May 05, 2012

Run Faster, Not Cheesier

During last year’s version of the Wisconsin Marathon, the emphasis – ours and the race’s – was on cheesiness. This year the race went a somewhat tackier route (at least on the medal, T-shirt, etc.), and we focused on running faster times. Ben ran his fastest time to date at the half marathon distance. I improved roughly eight minutes over the time I ran in my thirteenth half marathon, just seven weeks earlier.

It’s too bad that race organizers didn’t pick up on the Cinco de Mayo theme this year. The race is slotted for the first Saturday in May, but that only occasionally coincides with May 5. If anyone was wearing a cheesy sombrero, I didn’t see it. I even inquired about cheesy sombreros at the expo. In any case, it would have been fun to see a Wisconsin take on Cinco de Mayo.

Post-Race Photo
Watch and Medal

No comments: