Thursday, July 28, 2011

Unintentional “Instagram”

The photo below nearly went undiscovered. At first blush, I found the composition blah and the color flat. On a whim, as I made yet another pass through photos I took at a recent air show, I pushed the button for one-click photo editing. I had no idea what was hidden beneath the blah.

I needed to clean the glass on my camera, a fact brought out by the spots that readily appeared throughout the end product below. That notwithstanding, this photo landed on a certain “Instagram” quality that, while different from anything I’d consciously attempted, turned out pretty cool. Sometimes “imperfections” make the shot.

Check out the “after” and “before” versions below. And, for the purists, click here for the square version.

AfterBefore

No comments: