Monday, February 15, 2010

Recent Quips, One-Liners and Vignettes

I saw a news story about a woman who swallowed her “lucky charm,” a New Orleans Saints earring. I couldn’t focus on the rest of the story, because I kept wondering whether it was magically delicious.

My mom, observing the Winter Olympics moguls event, commented that these athletes need knee replacements left and right.

I ate at Subway, and the beverage cups had codes to play an online game. I saved my cup, went online and played. I lost. However, as a token of Subway’s appreciation, they allowed me to download their “Five Dollar Footlong” song for free. I felt a strange kinship with Ralphie of “A Christmas Story” at that moment. Oddly enough, I may also have craved Ovaltine.

The recent snowstorms have caused new potholes on the right side of right, westbound lanes – and also on the left side of left, eastbound lanes. But in the latter case, oncoming traffic probably poses a more significant problem.

I heard that a friend had dental work. Then I got “Crown Him with Many Crowns” stuck in my head.

1 comment:

drh's dad said...

Don't forget about the future snowfall forecast that our chances for more snow are "...still up in the air."