Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fly Away

I’d show you a picture, but the story is about the after picture, and the before picture was far more interesting.

In October, painters gave my office a fresh coat of paint. As the paint dried, a fly stuck to the wall. For the past three or four months, I’ve looked up at that fly each day and wondered how it would finally come down.

Today I learned the end of the story.

My officemate, who daily uses a table along the wall where the fly has been stuck for three or four months, looked up and noticed the fly for the first time today. She promptly grabbed a tissue and removed it.

Only a splotch remains on the wall. Goodbye, old friend.

4 comments:

Jeanine said...

I'm beginning to see a trend in your last few entries... first the sneezing now the Kleenex... What exactly does this indicate?

Anonymous said...

OK. Sit down, take a deep breath, I have something to tell you. Your office has been bugged for several months. I guess now we'll have to wiretap your computer...

Been having any trouble with that lately?

If that doesn't work we'll have to give your office a second coat of paint and insert another flyspy.

And all this timeyou thought it was a real fly . Wow! Really got you good that time!

Anonymous said...

And another thing. The "flys" name really was Gus.

T Relth said...

I am concerned about just who you call "old friend". T