Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Dream Fulfilled

On our way home, we stopped in Egypt to do some sightseeing. We saw the Pyramids and even built our own! Also, we saw the mummified, petrified remains of Ramses II, whom some believe was the Pharaoh who refused to let the Israelites go. The debate continues about whether or not he was the one, but I think it was him. He looked like a hardened man.

(Some of you will laugh/groan sooner than others.)

I have instigated the building of many human pyramids. I cannot explain why I enjoy building pyramids; I just do. I can trace my pyramid-loving ways back to gym class in elementary school. Some of my favorite college memories are of building humungous fifteen or twenty-one person pyramids on the beach at Indiana Dunes State Park during spring retreats with friends.

Click here to see some of my other pyramid schemes!


















The above picture is a fulfillment of a lifelong dream. I got to build a human pyramid in front of the Great Pyramids at Giza. That moment could only have been cooler if there had been seventy-eight of us to build the 12-layer Great Human Pyramid at Giza. Or, better yet, we could have built three huge pyramids and six smaller ones to replicate the nine Great Pyramids at Giza in human form. Of course, that would have taken a small army.

No comments: